Wineshipping is a well-established alcohol logistics provider that is widely used by wineries across the country. They offer a comprehensive solution for wine storage, shipping and returns management. Wineries can rely on Wineshipping to securely store their wine inventory and ensure that their wine is delivered to customers in a timely and efficient manner. Additionally, Wineshipping handles all aspects of wine returns, making the process easy and hassle-free for wineries. With their dedicated team of professionals and state-of-the-art facilities, Wineshipping has established itself as a trusted and reliable partner for wineries looking to streamline their logistics operations.
RedChirp’s Wineshipping integration
Wineshipping’s technology platform has a feature known as Premium Tracking. Premium Tracking provides fine-grained, real-time updates on the progress of each shipment. RedChirp’s integration with Wineshipping takes advantage of this incredible real-time information feed to allow you to set up automated messages to keep your customers up to date and to minimize returns.
Using the integration, you can create automated messages in RedChirp that will be sent when the following events occur in each shipment’s lifecycle:
- A shipment’s information has been received (a.k.a. label created)
- A package is available for pickup
- A package is out for delivery (remind them someone 21+ needs to sign for the package)
- This is an amazing way to reduce returns!
- A package was delivered
- A delivery attempt has failed
- An unusual event, known as an exception, has occurred (e.g. inclement weather has delayed a shipment)
Because these are RedChirp automated messages, they come with several advantages:
- The text messages come from the same RedChirp phone number(s) your customers use to text with you already.
- The text conversation is two-way!
- If your customer has a question or needs to make a change they can just text you back.
- RedChirp will alert the person or people assigned to that phone number.
- And you can continue the conversation, human to human, in the same thread.
- Every message sent is visible to your team; it’s part of their existing RedChirp conversation.
- You can use RedChirp’s extensive tools to customize the contents of your automated messages, add delays, build drips, and more.
- For example, you could create an automated message to go out three weeks after a package was delivered asking your customer how they are enjoying their wine and offering a discount on their next order.
Turning on the Wineshipping integration
- First, add this integration to your RedChirp account: Main Menu > Organization Settings > Integrations > (+) > Wineshipping.
- It does not matter if the “Enabled” field is on or off; RedChirp will automatically turn on the integration when it receives its first premium tracking event from Wineshipping.
- Don’t worry! No automated messages will send until/unless you set them up (see two bullets below).
- Let your Wineshipping customer service representative know that you want to turn on the RedChirp integration.
- Wineshipping has access to a link tree that they will use to get your individualized RedChirp webhook URL; they will use this to connect your Wineshipping and RedChirp account.
- Set up your automated messages! There are six that you can add:
- Wineshipping: Available for Pickup
- Wineshipping: Info Received
- Wineshipping: Out for delivery
- Wineshipping: Delivery Attempt Failed
- Wineshipping: Exception
- Wineshipping: Delivered
A few additional details about this integration
- Wineshipping also has its own tracking pages (better than UPS or FedEx in our opinion!). Your Wineshipping Automated Messages include links to those pages, instead of to the UPS or FedEx tracking pages.
- The name of the recipient RedChirp will use for these Automated Messages is the one name that Wineshipping has for the order in the field called “customer name”.
- The phone number(s) RedChirp will send these Automated Messages to are the phone number(s) in the Wineshipping field called “smses”. This field accepts none, one, or multiple numbers.
Watch a recording of our February 2023 webinar all about it:
Wineshipping and RedChirp jointly presented this webinar on Tuesday, February 28th at 10:00 AM PST.